Nutrition education at school encourages Whole Foods, Eating Variety of Colors, and Learning Local Food Sources.
Nutritional Requirements for Lunchtime: (source is Health Policy and Licensing Guidelines)
- Include a variety of fruit, vegetable, entree, dairy, at least...
- Fruit & Vegetable: 2 servings of either or both
- Grain: 1 serving (bread, cereal, rice, crackers)
- Protein: 1 serving (meat, poultry, fish, beans, tofu)
- Dairy: 1 serving (cheese, yogurt) We serve milk at lunch!
Children always have access to water but may bring a personal drink in lunch.
For good nutrition be moderate about fat, sugar and salt content.
Individual Food Sensitivities or Allergies require notification forms in the student file.