Nutrition education at school encourages Whole Foods, Eating Variety of Colors, and Learning Local Food Sources.
Children can either bring their lunch or be signed up for School Lunches.
Nutritional Requirements for Lunchtime: (source is Health Policy and Licensing Guidelines)
- Include a variety of fruit, vegetable, entree, dairy, at least...
- Fruit & Vegetable: 2 servings of either or both
- Grain: 1 serving (bread, cereal, rice, crackers)
- Protein: 1 serving (meat, poultry, fish, beans, tofu)
- Dairy: 1 serving (cheese, yogurt) We serve milk at lunch!
Children always have access to water but may bring a personal drink in lunch.
For good nutrition be moderate about fat, sugar and salt content.
Individual Food Sensitivities or Allergies require notification forms in the student file.